Community service is derby tradition, and we feel it’s important to give back to the community that’s been so supportive of us. As such, community service and volunteering are important aspects of CCRG. We aim to engage in at least one outreach effort per month. Throughout the year, we volunteer at events across the city, providing helping hands or skating entertainment. During our season, we select local non-profits as featured “bout charities” and donate a portion of each bout’s proceeds to those groups.
Let us help your organization next! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Outreach events and activities
- AIDS Walk – we participate every year!
- Athens Christmas Parade
- AthFest’s KidsFest
- Friends of the Library Book Sales
- Groovy Nights, a fundraiser for our local domestic violence shelter, Project Safe
- local women’s shelter
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service
- Race for the Chase, a fundraiser for local Chase Elementary School
- Rivers Alive clean-up event
- Taste of Athens, a fundraiser for Community Connection
- Athens-Clarke County Literacy Council
- Athens Canine Rescue
- Camp Kesem UGA: bringing together kids whose parents are affected by cancer
- The Cottage Sexual Assault Crisis Center
- Georgia Options: helping disabled people stay in their homes
- Nuci’s Space: providing treatment to musicians suffering from depression